Format & Call Letters
Classic Hits - WQCT-The Q 96.5 FM/1520AM
Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM plays Bryan's Greatest Hits!
At WQCT-The Q 96.5 FM/1520AM we play the best of pop, soul, and rock n’ roll from the mid to late `60s, the `70s, and the early to mid-`80s. The Q plays feel-good music, hosted by outstanding personalities who talk about what’s timely and topical.
to the male and female audience of 35-64 adults. It’s the upscale affluent adult audience advertisers want to connect with
Artist Profile: We play Superstars like Elton John, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Eagles, Stevie Wonder, Rolling Stones, Doobie Brothers, Earth, Wind, & Fire, Fleetwood Mac, Hall & Oates, Paul McCartney, Foreigner, The Police, Queen, David Bowie, Rolling Stones, Phil Collins, Journey, Prince, Eagles, Hall & Oates, John C Mellencamp, Marvin Gaye, Cyndi Lauper, Kansas, Steve Miller, and Eric Clapton make this format one that will stand the test of time!
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM's Classic Hits music format has grown as one of the fastest-growing formats in America over the past decade.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM's Classic Hits music format has also become an at work choice for listeners.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM'sis designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
At WQCT 96.5/1520 AM, we present local news seven times each weekday, including 6 am, 7 am, 8 am, 9 am, 12noon, 4 pm and 5 pm. Our local weather reports are broadcast throughout the day to keep you informed.
At Q 96.5 we have a perfect platform for advertisers to feature their products and services on the air to help build their business get new customers.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM's Classic Hits music format continues to be one of the most top rated formats in America for advertisers.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: Over 75% of Classic Hits listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Almost 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 65+.
- Over 12% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Almost 10% of Classic Hits listeners are adults 25-34 years old.
Gender: Almost 55% of Classic Hits listeners in America are male while over 45% are female.
Household Income: Classic Hits listeners in America have high earning power.
- Over 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America have an income of $75,000+.
- Almost 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America has an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Over 26% of Classic Hits listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
- Over 55% of Classic Hit listeners have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
Occupation: The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are also employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM listeners are well educated.
- Over 27% are College graduates.
- Over 32% have attended community college.
- Over 34% have a high school diploma.
Investments: The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: The The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM attracts listeners who actively participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends.
These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
Home: The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM targets listeners with purchasing power.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM Listeners
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. Over 50% go out more than 5 to 6 times a month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
Market your business to active consumers each week with Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM.
Consumer Spending Profile
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM attracts consumers that spent heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased healthcare products in the past year.
- Purchased auto maintenance in the past year.
- Purchased vacations in the past year.
- Purchased tickets to concerts and sporting events in the past year.
- Purchased pet supplies in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
We Live Here
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM has committed to super-serving the community. The station has a strong focus on local events, issues, entertainment, civic functions, as well as, charitable causes. We take pride in being an important part of the fabric of our community.
At The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM, we love taking part in community events and getting behind local causes that affect our listeners.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM is extremely proud of its commitment to actively supports hundreds of worthwhile causes.
We Target The Most Powerful Demographic Force In American History
Every year, the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey shows adults 45-64 outspend the average consumer in nearly every category, from food, household furnishing, entertainment, personal care, gifts, etc.
- Baby Boomers make-up HALF of the entire U.S. population.
- Boomers control HALF of the nation’s aggregate household spending.
- Adults 45+ will continue to be the most powerful consumers in the marketplace.
-The US Census shows the senior age group is for the first time the largest in terms of size and percent of the population in the U.S.
-Over the next 30 years, the 65+ population will be larger than the younger generations.
-The 45+ population has $2.4 trillion in annual income, which accounts for 42% of all after-tax income in the U.S. (Consumer Expenditure Survey).
-Boomers and seniors have a net worth 3x that of younger generations (Economic Policy Institute).
-Baby boomers account for nearly $230 billion, or 55% of consumer packaged goods sales (Nielsen).
-Boomers spend $157 billion on trips every year (NextAvenue).
-Americans 45+ account for half of all consumer spending.
-Boomers outspend younger adults online 2:1 on a per-capita basis (Forrester).
Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM delivers listeners with a high disposable income in their prime spending years.
Start Your Morning With Jay Fox On Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM
Jay enjoys playing the hits on The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM.
He is so driven by music and the history of Rock & Roll that he loves playing music trivia with anyone willing to take on the challenge (Hint: He knows his stuff!).
Married for 33 years, Jay and his lovely bride Regina have now seen their children go on to very successful careers themselves.
A volunteer with the fire department and rabid baseball fan, Jay’s secret goal in life is to visit every ballpark in America to rate how nice the parking lots are.
He was recently elected Mayor of Rock & Roll Radio by his 27 fans who have never met him but like his voice. (If they only knew)
Wake up to Jay Fox weekday mornings 6 AM to 9 AM on Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM.
The Q 96.5 FM & 1520 AM Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here