Format & Call Letters
Adult Contemporary - WLKM 95.9 FM The Mix
WLKM 95.9 The Mix plays Today's Hits and Yesterday's Favorites.
At WLKM our music format is designed to deliver adults by featuring nothing but tried, true, and tested hits without the hard edge. Our music mix features abroad blend of hits from the 70s. 8Os. 90s, and 2000s. We play the right amount of today's new adult hits, delivered in an upbeat, adult presentation.
WLKM 95.9 The Mix continues to dominate in its target demo. WLKM 95.9 can help your business reach adult males and female in the 25 to 54 demo. It's the upscale adult audience advertisers want to connect with during the important buying cycle.
WLKM 95.9 is also proud to be #1 with women making it a must-buy for advertisers looking to reach this important 25 to 54 demographic. The adult female consumer is one of the most lucrative groups for local retailers and businesses to reach.
WLKM 95.9 The Mix is the station everyone can agree on at home, at work, and in the car!. WLKM 95.9 is welcomed in professional offices, restaurants, and retail stores. WLKM 95.9 is very strong At Work format.
Target Audience: WLKM 95.9 targets consumers with a high disposable income. WLKM 95.9 targets adults 25 to 54. We're the perfect platform for advertisers to feature their products and services on the air to reach affluent adults.
Artist Profile: WLKM 95.9 is full of great hits from core artists like Train, Katy Perry, Bon Jovi, Genesis, Lady Antebellum, Hall & Oats, Matchbox 20, Adele, Fleetwood Mac Eagle Sheryl Clow Phil Collins Chicago Michael Jackson, Maroon 5, Alanis Morissette, Justin Timberlake, Pink, Journey, Billy Joel, Elton John, Kelly Clarkson and more.
At WLKM 95.9 FM, we present local news seven times each weekday, including 6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, I2pm and 4pm and 5pm. Our exclusive local weather radar reports are broadcast hourly throughout the day to keep our listeners informed.
Get exposure to thousands of affluent customers each week with WLKM 95.9 The Mix.
WLKM 95.9 The Mix listeners have spending power.
Age: WLKM 95.9 targets adults in the prime 25 to 54 demographic. The majority of this important demographic falls significantly into the 25 to 55 age group. Approximately:
- 10% of Adult Contemporary listens in America are between the ages of 25 to 34.
- 15% of Adult Contemporary listens in America are between the ages of 35 to 44.
- 25% of Adult Contemporary listens in America are between the ages of 45 to 54.
- 20% of Adult Contemporary listens in America are between the ages of 55 to 64.
Gender: Females 12+ slightly favor WLKM 95.9. 52% of WLKM 95.9 are female, 48% are male.
Audience — WLKM 95.9 The Mix listeners:
- Are in the 25-54 demographic with approximately 50-50 male-female split.
- Are college-educated professionals.
- The majority van their own homes and have children.
- Listeners rank high in household income and education categories.
Household Income: WLKM 95.9 listeners have high earning power. 62% of Mix 97.1 listeners have an income of more than $50,000 a year.
Household Income: US 93.3 listeners have high earning power. Approximately:
- 35% of Adult Contemporary listeners in America have an income of over $75,000.
- 25% of Adult Contemporarylisteners in America have an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- 25% of Adult Contemporary listeners in America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
Occupation: WLKM 95.9 targets individuals who are employed full-time in a variety of occupations including owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Education: WLKM 95.9 listeners are well educated. Over 65% of WLKM 95.9 listeners have attended college. Approximately:
- 30% Completed college or more.
- 35% Have completed some college.
- 30% Completed high school.
Investments: WLKM 95.9 targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activities: WLKM 95.9 attracts listeners who actively participate in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking.
WLKM 95.9 listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bar, and restaurants.
WLKM 95.9 listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
WLKM 95.9 targets affluent homeowners. 71% of Mix 97.1 listeners own a home. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
WLKM 95.9 listeners are huge shoppers with purchasing power.
WLKM 95.9 Listeners
WLKM 95.9's format allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, and HDTVs.
- Are big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoyed going out to restaurants often every month. Almost 90% went out in the past month.
- Purchased men and women's clothing, children clothing, men's and woman's shoes, and accessories.
WLKM 95.9 listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
Here's Why WLKM 95.9 Targets Women
80% of all (male, female, and child) apparel purchases are made by women.
94% of all home furnishing purchases are controlled by women.
85% of all household spending is controlled by women.
50% of new computers are bought by women.
91% of all real estate purchases are influenced by a woman.
20% of home purchases are made by single women.
85% of all new vehicle purchases are directly influenced by a woman.
92% of packaged goods spending is controlled by women.
52% of all new vehicle purchases are made by women.
70% of travel decisions are made by women.
92% of all vacation travel decisions are influenced by women.
55% of wine purchases are made by women.
45% of all electronics purchases are made by women.
61% of all electronics purchases are influenced by a woman.
90% of women participate in decisions that affect household investment and retirement accounts.
Source: Bridget Brennan, author of Why She Buys and recognized expert on women consumer behaviors and motivations.
Start Your Morning With Liz & Chris Weekdays On WLKM 95.9 The Mix
Liz Bell is a single mom to 2 gorgeous girls!
She loves throwing theme parties, read that as ‘Pinterest addict’ and believes there is no better feeling than a sloppy ponytail and yoga pants. She enjoys traveling, things that sparkle and her partner,
Chris Tyler. *** Chris Tyler also has two kids, plus an awesome wife! He runs marathons, but in real life loves to spend time at the neighborhood pool and is a huge sports fan.
He has a hard time choosing a favorite type of music! He likes many different types!
Wake up to Liz & Chris weekday mornings 6 AM to 10 AM on WLKM 95.9 The Mix.
WLKM 95.9 Coverage Map
Bigger Signal, Bigger Coverage Area, More Listeners
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here